Sunday, August 11, 2019

William's 5th birthday



Marie and I spent the weekend of the 15th and 16th to help celebrate William's 5th birthday. He has grown into a smart, handsome and loving boy who we cherish deeply. He now reminds of so much of his Dad Philippe when he was that age! About seven kids showed up and they had fun eating, playing games and having their faces painted. I dressed up as a tyrannosaurus rex to go along with the 'dinosaur' theme and terrorized the kids to no end. Of course we did the inevitable pinata and it was Amy who delivered the mortal blow! I also celebrated my birthday which was the following week and got a nice Beatles cap and watch from Phil.

Amy, 7 years old, and a little lady






Phil cooking the dogs

the kids, eating healthy

Fernanda supervising 'pin the donkey on the tail'

William putting his face on

4 down, 1 to go!

me terrorizing Vizma, the neighbor's daughter
 
Amy giving it her best shot




opening the gifts
 Later that day I walked William and Mathias to the local park to run off some energy, the weather still cool and rainy but we had fun anyhow. The next day was sunny and hot so Marie and I took William and Amy on the Metro to the Atwater market, buying an ice cream and stopping to play in a park nearby. It was time to head back home the next day. Next time we will be in Montreal will be on our way east during our summer holiday in July. Stay tuned for that!   gws


Mathias and William 

getting ready for bed


Amy and Ben




fun in a park near Atwater market
me and my Beatles 'Abbey Road' cap