Friday, August 9, 2019

Puebla, Mexico (Parte 9 Visit of Churches and Graduation)

Well this is the last day of the course, since tomorrow is Good Friday and a holiday here. In Mexico the time at which meals are eaten is different than at home: Lunch is eaten around 2:30 -3:00 pm, so, by around 11:00 am people are hungry. Usually I would not eat, because I would have a substantial breakfast before showing up at the course at 9:00 am. Today, I made an exception, as we were heading out to a local cafĂ© that specialized in tamales, one of my favorite Mexican dishes.  I chose the tamale jarocho - a recipe from the Veracruz area:  YUMMY!




In the afternoon, Gabriela and me finally visited the Cathedral.  By now it had been decorated for the upcoming Good Friday celebrations.  It is a tradition to visit as many Churches as possible during Semana Santa (Holy Week)
















 And yes, this is it, tonight I graduate!  So for the occasion we went to a very special Argentinian buffet, Pampas.  Various meats, poultry and seafood were also brought to our tables.  Delicious!!!  Marie