Saturday, August 10, 2019

Marie's aunt's family




My cousin, André, and his lovely wife Michelle were visiting their mother, Cécile Leblanc, in Montreal when I came back from Mexico. Since they come from Menton, France, Gary and I decided to stay in Montreal a little longer to see them.

During our visit, André mentioned that my aunt and family were getting together on April 28th.  I asked if it would be possible for us to join them. It had been quite a while since we had seen my aunt, who is also my Godmother. Amy was 3 months old at the time!  It turned out that it was possible and that my other cousins, Denise and Michel, and their families were also going to be there.  Cécile is 99 years old and will be turning 100 on August 19th.  She certainly does not look her age though. She is quite alert, has a contagious smile and is quite mobile.

We met at a Greek restaurant in Dollard-Des Ormeaux, Casa Grecque. The food was fabulous and it was nice to see the family again.   


My cousin André and his wife Michelle, my cousin Denise and her husband Louis, my cousin Michel and his wife Iona, as well as some of my aunt's grandchildren, Nadège, Olivier, et Isabelle, and her great-grandchild, Sasha, were there to celebrate with my aunt and Godmother, Cécile.
Marie