Monday, September 29, 2008



Greetings....Monday's child is fair in face and hopefully the sun will shine today but I'm not holding my breath. Outside my window the chatter of a jackhammer breaking stone can be heard as they erect yet another condo downtown. Oh for the peace of the mountains! So what is everyone up to this week? Canada's leaders will be politely going after one another Wednesday and Thursday in televised debates. Should be interesting this time around but the question is who will watch it? I personally like to watch grass grow - on a summer day sipping a cold one with the smells of the BBQ wafting around me. (Now if I can just find out what station is broadcasting it)... Monsier Dion and the Liberals are promising Canadians a more prosperous future. Does that include more "beer and popcorn"? The best line to come out of this past few weeks has been our agricultural minister Gerry Ritz's gaff on the Listeria scare which has killed at least 17 people already here in Canada. His comment referring to the political repercussions regarding the Maple Leafs Food processing plant in Toronto of "death by a thousand cold cuts" was rather callous, but pretty funny none the less. Better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit... Richard is coming in by train from Georgetown tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing him again after 4 months or so. He is still in the glow of becoming a granddad twice this year and it actually looks good on him! Still waiting to hear from the rest of my family on my foray into cyberworld but in the meantime enjoy the photos I am posting today and don't forget to check out my three new sidebars : weather, breaking news and a daily dose of art! Have a great week! gws