Monday, November 2, 2009

November




Dull November brings the blast, then the leaves are whirling fast...But this past weekend was lovely and hopefully we will get a few more days like this before I have to dig out my sweaters and gloves.






Marie and I took Muffy for a walk yesterday afteroon down by the Ottawa River and along Sussex Drive and as you can see it was just short sleeves for me! Spotted a little chipmunk near the old City Hall that let me get close for a picture and found an old weeping willow with a very interesting branch that actually supports the tree from falling over.

I remember November's where it was too cold to go out without bundling up! This past week we received news of the grandson-to-be, yes grandson so the guessing is over, and we are both very happy. We are off on Rememberence day to visit Phil and Fer before heading east to our cabin. I found him a used van on the weekend which we will be taking out to Montreal once I get a temp plate and put on some winter tires.



I was also pleased to hear from Lara and of her successful sale of the duplex in Montreal-Nord! Way to go Lara!!





I'm still enjoying my watercolour classes and should have some paintings up shortly. That photo above is from the Shenkman Gallery at the OSA Alumni show.

Till next time, take care and don't forget to wear a poppy!! gws