Friday, December 28, 2012

Record Snowfall!


Clifton Ave, Phil's Nissan and my Dodge Ram, outside our duplex

Well it seems wherever I go the record breaking weather follows me and again it was no exception as we watched helplessly from our windows yesterday as Montreal got walloped by 50 centimeters (18 inches) of snow! This beat the one day record of 3 March 1971 which I remember vividly, being in Ontario at the time. I had just returned from Christmas at home in Moncton where the family were living, already up to their ears in snow that the city is well known for, and made it back to Ontario before all the flights were cancelled. Now the digging out here begins...so we can head out to the property on the weekend and do it all again! Scroll all the way down to see some more photos from the 'Storm of the Century' which I'm sure it will end up being called...gws

Rich, Carolyn, Dee, Lyn, Mom and me, Moncton, NB, 1971
We had decided to stay a few more days in Montreal and wait for Christina and Patrick and the girls to drive down from Ottawa to wish them a happy Christmas before returning to our house in the mountains this weekend. It was a fairly quiet gathering downstairs with Phil, Fer, Amy and Lara and Jesse Christmas Day. Fer cooked one of her delicious turkey dinners and we opened gifts, and, judging by some of the pictures of me, had too much wine!









Auntie Lara and Amy

bless you, my daughter


Phil, Amy, Lara and Jesse

playing with one of Amy's gifts


view from our bedroom door to the balcony


height of the storm and our Ram

Phil's Rogue

Phil trying to figure out where to start!


Fer loving every minute!