Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sunrise


0500, glow in the east with star at left

I was up early - 0500 or slightly before - one day last week (while Marie was in Ottawa) as it was hot and muggy and I wanted to watch the sun come up and record it with my HTC phone camera. Quietly brilliant it reminds me whenever I turn it on and I must agree. It takes great shots in low light, unlike my small Samsung digital camera, and I can instantly forward photos using WhatsApp . Many of photos I took in Europe this spring were taken with my phone and I was very pleased with the quality. Colors and detail are superb.

This sequence begins around 0500 and continues to about 0610, taking a shot every 15 minutes or so. This was the fourth day in a row the skies were clear and already it was pushing 20 degrees Celsius. It was going to be another hot one! gws

0515

0530
 
0545


0600