Thursday, July 19, 2012

June Nancy Steward - Mother, Grandmother & Great Grandmother



With much sadness we lost our dear Mother on July 10th, friend, companion and wife to Dad for 64 years. Her large family of five children, 13 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren will miss her very much - she was a beautiful, loving and kind person who touched all she met with her lovely smile and warmth. I shared the same birthday with Mum and felt a very special bond with her and always felt her presence in times of difficulty, whenever I was lonely, afraid or lost. I never saw her angry with others, never heard her complain, or blame, and she always put others before herself. I can never hope to be the person she was and am sure I will never meet a more understanding, or loving person as she. Mother was the rock that held us all together through the rough times and the good and we have all been honoured to be able to call her Mother, Grandmother and great Grandmother. This close family that was so dear to her heart will be her lasting legacy.



When the darkness appears and the night draws near, and the day is past and gone, at the river I stand. Guide my feet and take my hand, precious Lord, and lead me home.

 In the next few days and weeks I will be adding photos, including the Memorial Service held in Brooksville, Florida as well as my memories of Mum - I think about her constantly and still cannot believe she is gone....gws