Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 11th weekend

Marie and I spent last weekend up at the cabin enjoying the most beautiful weather imaginable - warm, sunny days and clear, crisp and starry nights. It was a time for reflection of the past ten years and here in this place, easily done. I had a chance to plant a few trees - larch and mountain ash I had gathered from around the lake where I had been swimming earlier in the day and some ornamental grasses that were getting pot bound. September, of course, is the perfect month to plant and I have had almost a 100% success rate whatever and wherever I have added shrubbery, trees or flowers around the property.

Me, Muffy and the Runner, swimming lake

Muffy atop the Runner hood, swimming lake

Me going under at the lake, deserted as usual!

Marie heading for the shower, 6pm


This weekend I am off to Orlando, then onward to Brooksville to spend a week with my mum. If I get a chance I will blog from there. Till then enjoy the rest of summer and hopefully as you slide down the banisters of life the splinters never point the wrong way!  gws