Monday, March 17, 2014

Our Retirement Home Part Thirty-One (Master Bathroom Part 3)


 As the winter from hell continued to blast us with frigid temperatures and another two feet of snow, while the Russians were pissing off the rest of the world by putting troops in the Crimea, and the 'Mary Celeste' of the 21st century, Malyasian Flight MH370 , was baffling all the experts I spent my days upstairs in the master bathroom continuing to tile the remaining three walls and shower enclosure. Cutting hexagonal holes for the light fixtures was a challenge but I ended up using a diamond blade on my angle grinder and being extra careful managed not to break the tile. The hole was way too close to the edge to my liking but as you can see by the photo it turned out great. I have no spare tiles so if I break one...Still can't say enough about my laser level which has really sped things up. Two more weeks before flying off to Madrid so lots to do in a short time. Oh and if anyone has seen any signs of spring please let me know and I'll be over to pick them up. Thanks. And Happy St. Patrick's Day! gws


2nd wall almost done (red line is the laser level light)

Nice job!

there's a generator in there somewhere


My trusty Ariens snowblower saved the day!





third wall and shower being done with tile and mosaic