Monday, June 10, 2013

My New Shed



It was finally time to go out and get another shed! Our first one was bursting at the seams and just could not handle all the junk I was cramming into it - bikes, tools, workbench, lawnmower, weed wackers, chainsaws, etc. We had bought it back in 2007 and although a sturdy plastic structure, made in Israel, I wanted a wood shed that would last a few years longer. It had been sitting behind the solar array since we put it up 6 years ago and in a very wet spot, consequently it began sagging and opening up in the corners and allowing the rain in. We settled on another 8x10 that Richard and I had seen at the Home Depot in Brampton. So after taking a picture of it and showing it to Marie we went ahead and picked up the kit in Sherbrooke a few weeks later and started to build it in late April, just in front of the cabin, one of the few flat areas we have. After I injured my foot in May construction went on hold until we came back from Florida. Well it is finally up and finished and I am very happy with the results! Except for the shingles and roof felt everything was included in the kit and well worth the $1099 we paid for it. Marie chose the colours - taupe to match the other sheds and a dark brown trim. Looks pretty good, no? Rich came up for a visit in early June and helped me put up the other shed in a dry spot, in front of the solar panels. Already I am thinking about a third one! gws