Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our Retirement Home Part Twenty-Four (Hanging Around)



As we get closer to our departure for Florida for two weeks Marie and I have been going full speed ahead and trying to do as much around the house as possible before locking up and saying goodbye to this glorious spring on the mountain. I have finally taken one level off the scaffolding as we make our way down the wall with the stained wood panels, the chandelier and the speakers, taking advantage of the nice weather to move my saw and equipment out onto the deck (see above). We also hung the outdoor light in the front entrance. Between inside chores I have been constructing a wooden shed down by the cabin which will be serving as my workshop as well as additional space for storing a lifetime assortment of odds and ends - all my tools are scattered all over the house and we need to clear up some space in the basement. You can see it in the photo above nearing completion. Marie meanwhile has been busy paying countless bills and arranging with contractors to give us quotes on the construction of stairs from the basement to the mezzanine. Unfortunately, as well as untimely, I sliced my ankle a few days ago coming up to the house over some sharp rock and had to go to the hospital in Megantic for stitches and a tetanus shot. So now I hobble about trying to do as little but as much as possible and praying I won't get an infection in my wound before the 12th. That day we drive to Montreal where we will stay overnight before heading to Plattsburgh, NY to fly south. I will update from the Sunshine State so until then enjoy spring and...Go Habs Go!  gws


Marie hanging chandelier over dining area

front entrance light now hanging above door

fan and chandelier hanging together

                             
hanging around with a good book because of the following...


                                  Warning: gruesome picture follows! 18 years or older please......


                                               
okay so it wasn't that gruesome...