Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March in Like a Lion


Marie and I have spent the past few weeks s l o w l y getting over the flu and regretting not getting our shots this year, while trying to do as much as possible in the house. The weather has been atrocious, snow storm after snow storm and  mostly gloomy cloudy days in between which makes us feel as miserable as ever. Including today we have had the driveway plowed 22 times already this winter! Thankfully both Lara and Fernanda send us daily photos of the grandkids, Joshua and Amy, so we can see their development and we are so proud of them both. 

Reg's tractor which we are seeing regularly!

Marie installing wiring

Why I keep running out of sunflower seeds

Speaker and skylight

Installing speakers in bedroom and bathroom
Between shoveling snow and scraping ice off the solar panels I have been plugging away staining and putting up the ceiling in the master bedroom, while Marie has been doing taxes, both for us and Mom and Dad, putting in wiring for the smoke detectors, phone booster, repeater for the wifi signal and lights. We did manage to go out this weekend for supper with another couple to a buffet restaurant in Sherbrooke. We thoroughly enjoyed it and the break was very welcome. We are fortunate to be able to see all the latest movies on the internet which we watch on our big screen TV. This week we saw Argo, which won Best Picture this year at the Oscars - why I'm not sure as I found it the worst Best Picture I have ever seen and don't recommend it all. We then watched Zero Dark Thirty about the 10 year long CIA operation to find Bin Laden and I found it both fascinating, well acted and the best picture of the year. We also had the opportunity to see The Life of Pi which was strangely disturbing  but well done. We stream these movies on a site which I won't mention here for free - don't ask me how they get away with it - and often in HD. I also am able to see every NHL game, broadcast through a European site, so I don't miss any of my Canadien games! The quality isn't the best but beggars can't be choosy I guess. This weekend we are off to celebrate Phil's birthday and reconnect with everyone. Hopefully when we return spring should be just around the corner and we'll see the sun again!  gws





Marie doing her high ' wiring ' act