Thursday, October 11, 2012

2012 Thanksgiving Weekend

 This past Friday Phil, Fernanda and Amy arrived to help us celebrate Thanksgiving Day. (For sure in Canada we have a lot to be thankful for and what we have here in this beautiful country we want to keep just as it is. I just hate those who have not contributed to our society or those who plan to come here to take advantage of our health care, above average standard of living and do not respect our freedom to practice any religion without fear of reprisals or worse. Go away.) It was a typical fall day here in NDB and we hoped the kids would enjoy the colour of the hills even in the rain! Marie had booked them into the same place Lyn and Dad had stayed in last month, just five minutes away. Fer brought a turkey which she cooked with all the trimmings and wow - what a delicious bird it was! While they were here Phil helped us set up the radiant floor manifolds and pumps and did some plumbing of the basement shower. I had inadvertently drilled into the PEX below (for the radiant flooring) when I was trying to reposition the drain for the shower and we had to break away a bit of the 4 inch concrete to make the repairs. I re-pressurized the system and the pressure held overnight so I think it is as good as new. But what a sinking feeling I had when I saw what I had done! Phil also did a walk around to see what we had accomplished (not much, it seems) the past month, checking on the electrical runs and boxes with a very professional eye. We passed I think with maybe a B- grade! After they left for the city we spent the next three days running the PEX for the radiant floor system. That is a story in itself and will wait for the next post! Till then, peace   gws